Sessions Longboard à Montréal
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -21%
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, ...
Voir le deal
39.59 €

Leathers or No Leathers? READ THIS.

+5
BlackRose
matthewperry
AJ
Pierre
Dimm
9 participants

Leathers or No Leathers? READ THIS. Empty Leathers or No Leathers? READ THIS.

Message  Dimm Ven 5 Aoû 2011 - 8:57

With Dmitri Komarov and Dmitri Komarov

Leathers or No Leathers? READ THIS. Double-dimm1

So… we’ve all been there. All down hill skaters have spent time on this question: should I buy a suit? It’s a tough, complicated decision with no right or wrong answer. There are a lot of factors to consider and going to experienced skaters for advice often does not help as they all seem to have different opinions on the matter. Contradictory advice will not help you, will it? Aside from that getting a suit is something so personal that only you can decide. So I have put together this article highlighting the pros and cons of having a suit vs not having one. (Although I do suggest talking to experienced skaters about it.) I hope this will help you ask yourself the right questions to help you make your decision.

Click here to read the complete article on TeamQuebec.org. I address both sides of the question and try to make it an interesting read. Enjoy!
Dimm
Dimm
Gnar Shredder

http://www.dklongboards.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Leathers or No Leathers? READ THIS. Empty Re: Leathers or No Leathers? READ THIS.

Message  Pierre Ven 5 Aoû 2011 - 9:01

It's a good read Dimm!
Pierre
Pierre
Administrateur

Leathers or No Leathers? READ THIS. Empty Re: Leathers or No Leathers? READ THIS.

Message  AJ Ven 5 Aoû 2011 - 9:22

I would add that some vintage leathers have very basic stitch patterns and some racers have been successfully racing there used suits for 10 years.

Its just more difficult to find a 20-30 year old suit, and try it on before buying.

That...and when you are riding down fast hills with people who aren't wearing leathers need to be taken in consideration and be given enough space (if the leather clad is to crash from being over confident), the false sense of security, like you said in your article, can be unbearable.
AJ
AJ
I play a Gearhead on the intraweb

Message  matthewperry Ven 5 Aoû 2011 - 11:16

Nice article Dimm !!
matthewperry
matthewperry
Carver

Message  Dimm Ven 5 Aoû 2011 - 12:13

Thanks guys!

AJ a écrit:I would add that some vintage leathers have very basic stitch patterns and some racers have been successfully racing there used suits for 10 years.

Its just more difficult to find a 20-30 year old suit, and try it on before buying.

That...and when you are riding down fast hills with people who aren't wearing leathers need to be taken in consideration and be given enough space (if the leather clad is to crash from being over confident), the false sense of security, like you said in your article, can be unbearable.

Yeah that's kinda why I put in my article "Although I've seen some people get lucky, in general...". I tried not to be too absolutely because have seen some people with really nicely fitting old bike suits. Still it can take years for like... that perfect suit to pop up on ebay.

Anyways I want as many new downhill skaters as possible to read this. It took me a while to write so I want it to go to good use. So pass this article around, show it to your friends, share it on facebook, and if you ever see someone asking a question about leathers or no leathers on a forum refer them back to this!
Dimm
Dimm
Gnar Shredder

Message  Dimm Ven 5 Aoû 2011 - 18:25

PS: Aj I have modied my article to include your input, thanks.
Dimm
Dimm
Gnar Shredder

Message  BlackRose Sam 6 Aoû 2011 - 11:38

Nice and simple article. I liked the picture too..hehe
If your going to be serious about a sport safety is important compared to spending a few weeks to months missing out on important competitions, it sucks!
Also the "nothing at all" by the stupid sexy Flanders always pops into my mind when someone says it...
BlackRose
BlackRose
Rider Recrue

Message  W.caddy Dim 7 Aoû 2011 - 0:23

Very nice article, help me alot for my future !!
W.caddy
W.caddy
Gnar Shredder

Message  AJ Dim 7 Aoû 2011 - 18:23

Was going "leather" fast this morning, started pushing off on the wet, almost dry.
I did a little check to see how well my wheels would grip for the fast sweepers, it didnt grip at all!
Wasnt going fast enough for a safe "drag my body across the pavement for a few feet"
instead i totally barrel-rolled over my knees and elbows....uuh got winded, couldnt breath.

Im still very happy that i was wearing leathers, today i am not nursing
any bandages but rather cold to warm compressing my knees every 15 minutes.

Wish i had more padding on the knees on my "custom" suit and plastic knee caps for sliding out!

AJtoutpleind'ibuprifene
AJ
AJ
I play a Gearhead on the intraweb

Message  Kmoney Dim 7 Aoû 2011 - 19:27

its a great article. Its weighs out both sides of the story. I think having a suit and being able to decide if you are to put on the suit can be fun to watch people as well. Don't NOT wear your suit just because no one else does. your choice not your friends choice
Kmoney
Kmoney
KebbeK Team Rider

Message  Dimm Dim 7 Aoû 2011 - 21:59

AJ a écrit:Was going "leather" fast this morning, started pushing off on the wet, almost dry.
I did a little check to see how well my wheels would grip for the fast sweepers, it didnt grip at all!
Wasnt going fast enough for a safe "drag my body across the pavement for a few feet"
instead i totally barrel-rolled over my knees and elbows....uuh got winded, couldnt breath.

Im still very happy that i was wearing leathers, today i am not nursing
any bandages but rather cold to warm compressing my knees every 15 minutes.

Wish i had more padding on the knees on my "custom" suit and plastic knee caps for sliding out!

AJtoutpleind'ibuprifene
Lol... yeah. I know those. Most falls, I feel, happen in some stupid way like that. Always gotta be prepared.
Dimm
Dimm
Gnar Shredder

Message  Myriam Lun 8 Aoû 2011 - 9:01

Très bon article Dimm. Je pense que des articles avec du contenu comme ça manquaient sur team quebec, je suis contente que voir que ça progresse. Pour assurer un maximum de lecteurs, ça pourrait être bien de le traduire en français p-ê. Bonne job! : )
Myriam
Myriam
bok choy Ripper

Message  xjasonphotox Lun 8 Aoû 2011 - 12:59

Myriam a écrit:Très bon article Dimm. Je pense que des articles avec du contenu comme ça manquaient sur team quebec, je suis contente que voir que ça progresse. Pour assurer un maximum de lecteurs, ça pourrait être bien de le traduire en français p-ê. Bonne job! : )
thumright
xjasonphotox
xjasonphotox
Foot braker

http://www.jasonthivierge.com

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé