Sessions Longboard à Montréal
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ d’achat sur une sélection Apple
Voir le deal

NESRA Notice of Race - Antrim, NH - June 26, 2010

5 participants

NESRA Notice of Race - Antrim, NH - June 26, 2010 Empty NESRA Notice of Race - Antrim, NH - June 26, 2010

Message  wavechaser Sam 12 Juin 2010 - 19:27

Announcing the second event of the Northeast Skateboard Racing Association (NESRA) season series.

Check the "Antrim Jam" page on the NESRA website at for more info.

There is a sign-up on the NCDSA site at

We will be holding a series of skateboard racing events around the Northeast United States and Eastern Canada, this spring, summer and fall.

The confirmed venues so far include Burlington, VT , Antrim, NH and Holyoke, MA, but we hope to add at least one or two more races. Contact us at if you think you have a good race venue and want to see about us helping you host a race in our series.

The Antrim, New Hampshire race is scheduled for Saturday, June 26th, with a rain date of Sunday June 27th. Registration is from 9:30AM - 10AM, racer's meeting at 10:15, GS practice at 10:30. This is an "outlaw" race so there is a bust factor (2 out of 10) - for that reason, you must contact us at for more info and directions to the event venue. Disciplines will be Giant Slalom, Slalom, a new "Relay" format, and a kid's race.

All races will be single-lane, electronically timed, with each racer getting two runs per discipline - possibly a third if time allows. The GS course is about 700 feet long with about 30 cones, the Slalom about 550 feet with about 40 cones, and the Relay will use both the main Slalom and kid's courses. Bet you are curious about the relay now! All races (except for the kid's race) will use the Antrim Can-Am 3-foot high start ramp. The race road is fairly recently paved, follows a gentle right curve into a straightaway, and is very lightly traveled. Top speeds in the GS are expected to be about 25mph, and about 20mph
for the Slalom and Relay. There is an uphill runout - no foot braking required. A "B-class" push-start (GS and Slalom ONLY) will be available for those who find the ramp and full-length hill too daunting, or you can push-start from the top (in A-class) if you choose. Slalom and GS Classes will be Open A and B, with trophies for the top three places in each class. All racers will be required to sign a release form, and those under 18 must also have a parent or guardian sign.

We will be taking $5 donations at the Antrim race to benefit the local Warren family, who have recently experienced the loss of a father and daughter in the space of two weeks.

Stay tuned for more exciting NESRA news about this race! We've got some surprises up our sleeves.

There is a NESRA season points series. To qualify for the points series, you must contribute a minimum $5 donation at each event - all these funds go to the event organizer's choice of charity. You must also attend 2 of the 3 currently scheduled events (or 2 of 4, or 3 of 5 if we hold more races) with each racer's four highest finishes (max. 2 per event), no matter which discipline the finishes are in, counting towards a season championship and prizes. Stay tuned for more info on this!

If you have never raced a skateboard before, come see what it is all about. You will have world-ranked skateboard racers to talk to about equipment, techniques and where other races are being held.

Dernière édition par wavechaser le Mer 1 Mar 2017 - 22:27, édité 1 fois
wavechaser
wavechaser
Rider Recrue

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

NESRA Notice of Race - Antrim, NH - June 26, 2010 Empty Re: NESRA Notice of Race - Antrim, NH - June 26, 2010

Message  AJ Lun 14 Juin 2010 - 15:19

Is there another race happening on this date?
AJ
AJ
I play a Gearhead on the intraweb

NESRA Notice of Race - Antrim, NH - June 26, 2010 Empty Re: NESRA Notice of Race - Antrim, NH - June 26, 2010

Message  streetmissile Lun 14 Juin 2010 - 15:27

AJ a écrit:Is there another race happening on this date?

of course! it's the black top! they do it on purpuse so that no one come's down and they can win!
streetmissile
streetmissile
Old Timer

Message  Yann Lun 14 Juin 2010 - 16:06

Why do keep organizing events on the same dates we are?

I already sent you this link last time. Please take some time to look at it and come back often to check if anything changed :
https://montrealsessions.forumactif.com/competitions-f19/calendrier-des-evenements-2010-cote-est-t4021.htm

We have so few events in the east, we should be able to make it work don't you think?
Yann
Yann
Bouffeur d'uréthane

http://www.Landyachtz.com

Message  wavechaser Dim 27 Juin 2010 - 16:26

streetmissile a écrit:
AJ a écrit:Is there another race happening on this date?

of course! it's the black top! they do it on purpuse so that no one come's down and they can win!

Yeah, that's exactly why we do it Freddy. Bad(
wavechaser
wavechaser
Rider Recrue

Message  wavechaser Dim 27 Juin 2010 - 16:35

Yann a écrit:Why do keep organizing events on the same dates we are?

I already sent you this link last time. Please take some time to look at it and come back often to check if anything changed :
https://montrealsessions.forumactif.com/competitions-f19/calendrier-des-evenements-2010-cote-est-t4021.htm

We have so few events in the east, we should be able to make it work don't you think?

I don't know who you are, but nobody sent me "a link last time". Listen, we are just starting this series, with limited resources and time, and we have scheduled the races on dates that we can make them happen. We have jobs, families and other responsibilities - these are the dates that worked. If they coincide with races in Canada, that's the breaks.

Don't you think I'd like to come to your races as well? Of course I would. But I'm trying to start something here to better the sport and get more young people into it. I don't need criticism on top of it.

If this NESRA thing works, and I have the time, maybe next year we can try to work out a better schedule for all of us. Any idea that we purposely scheduled our races the same day as yours so "nobody comes down and we can win" is pure lunacy and I don't appreciate that either.

Maybe a better tactic would have been to say "hey, we really want to come to your races, but they are conflicting with our dates - lets talk and try to work it out so it doesn't happen".

I look forward to racing with my Canadian friends in the future, and for you all to come down here and race with us.

-Rick Floyd
wavechaser
wavechaser
Rider Recrue

Message  Yann Dim 27 Juin 2010 - 17:33

Well, that's what I was trying to do in the PM you seemed to have never received.

By the way, I don't know you either. Wink
If you want to introduce yourself : https://montrealsessions.forumactif.com/discussion-generale-f4/vous-etes-nouveaux-c-est-ici-que-cela-se-passe-t151-885.htm

You might be starting a series, but people here have been doing this for years now (I'm mostly thinking of Freddy, and he has both a family and a job).

The schedule for events is a sticky post on the first line of the "competition" page. If you post anything on that section, you can't miss it. We had the same similar post last year. If you're interested in the east coast (it looks like since your using the forum), you might want to check those links for example :
http://wikiskate.com/olf2/index.php?PHPSESSID=i9ttmn6ig9c3ovrb3ns8hgmph5&board=65.0
http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/forum/events-races-skates-series/
http://67.139.161.195/contests.asp

The schedule is established well in advance. It's not like we announce our events only on our local forum, it's also on silverfish, ontariolongboarding, coaslongboarding.... We almost never had two events on the same dates on the east coast until this year with your first 2 events...

Putting all that together, you might understand why you received that kind of reaction.

Cheers
Looking foward to coming down and skate your hills!
-Yann Lhermitte

Yann
Yann
Bouffeur d'uréthane

http://www.Landyachtz.com

Message  Dominic P Dim 27 Juin 2010 - 18:02

Any idea that we purposely scheduled our races the same day as yours so "nobody comes down and we can win" is pure lunacy and I don't appreciate that either.

It was a joke, I don't think Freddy meant to be mean or anything...

Dominic P
Gnar Shredder

Message  streetmissile Dim 27 Juin 2010 - 19:09

yeah, it's was a joke! and i still think it's funny. rookie said it first!
so did you win??? hahaha
streetmissile
streetmissile
Old Timer

Message  wavechaser Sam 3 Juil 2010 - 16:48

streetmissile a écrit: yeah, it's was a joke! and i still think it's funny. rookie said it first!
so did you win??? hahaha

Of course I won...and I am so proud of my tiny little NESRA trophies I think I will retire now! ;-)

But...I also came to Canada Thursday and won...well, not won, but I beat Rookie for 3rd place in the Slalom in Ottawa Thursday. Bad)

My point with the "families and jobs" was not that we have them and nobody else does - it is that the dates we are using for our races are the dates that the venue providers could fit a race into their schedules. No other dates would have worked for us. Has nothing to do with other events elsewhere and I am aware of where to find them. Like I said - I wish it was different so I could race in Canada more, but this year, this is what we have.

-Rick Floyd
Richmond, VT
wavechaser
wavechaser
Rider Recrue

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé