Sessions Longboard à Montréal
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache Runner
Voir le deal
69.99 €

Paskapoo 2010

5 participants

Paskapoo 2010 Empty Paskapoo 2010

Message  maxim Jeu 14 Jan 2010 - 17:21

En gros l'event est annulé.

Aaron Christensen
Dear Longboarding Community, Over the past four years the Speedboard and Longboard Association of Calgary has fought very hard to try to keep the Paskapoo Downhill Rodeo Alive. We have gone tens of thousands of dollars into debt, clawed our way out of it with your support, and overcome various political barriers along the way. Without the amazing support the longboarding community has given us none of our events would have been possible. Our 2009 event was by far the most successful Rodeo. It was a riders and organizers dream with tonnes of freeriding, jumbotrons, and a race that couldn't have gone much smoother from an organizational standpoint. I wish that we could build on our success in 2009 and deliver an even better event in 2010, however it is with the deepest regret that I am announcing there will be no 2010 Paskapoo Downhill Rodeo at Canada Olympic park. The owner-operator of the venue Canada Olympic park, Winsport Canada, has chosen to challenge our ownership rights to the event, attempt to push our organization away from all aspects of the event and steer it in a direction that is not in line with our beliefs. It has been a very challenging process in deciding our course of action, and I assure you all that we have considered every option and attempted to negotiate with Winsport Canada to find a solution to our disagreements. We are working hard to secure new venues for two new small races, one in Calgary and one outside of Calgary for the summer of 2010. Once again I will ask for the communities support, both from riders and sponsors, for our new races. They will not be as large scale or grand as the Paskapoo Downhill Rodeo Was. Our organization can not afford to take any large financial risks going into this next race season. Winsport Canada has attempted to bully us away from our own event. There is a chance they will attempt to hold a race independent of the longboarding community. I assure you our sport is better off without their involvement. I am asking you to show your support of our organization by boycotting any longboarding event held by Winsport Canada. After four years of fighting with everything we have to keep the rodeo alive, we just cant do it anymore. For more information, or answers to any questions you may have please do not hesitate to contact me. Yours, Aaron Christensen Race Director Paskapoo Dh Rodeo Co-Chair SLAC aaron@paskapoodh.com PH: 403-826-1616
maxim
maxim
Gnar Shredder

http://maximgarantrousseau.com

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Paskapoo 2010 Empty Re: Paskapoo 2010

Message  TheTank Jeu 14 Jan 2010 - 19:14

Ouais, jai lu ca sur coast tantot, il semble y avoir un gros débat a savoir a qui est la faute, qui sont les mécahants et les opprimés.

Je trouve ca crissement dommage, j'ai pas pu y aller l'an passé.

A suivre...
TheTank
TheTank
Gnar Shredder

http://www.zombo.com

Message  AJ Jeu 14 Jan 2010 - 22:02

Tse Max, c'est quand meme drole que ton suit de cuir a fait Paskapoo et pas toi.

in the words of the great Rick Kludy:

" Races, they come, they go."
AJ
AJ
I play a Gearhead on the intraweb

Message  Bot Jeu 14 Jan 2010 - 22:34

j aime la personnalite de schnitzel sur internet.
Bot
Bot
Green goblin lover

http://www.flickr.com/mbottreau

Message  maxim Ven 15 Jan 2010 - 9:13

AJ a écrit:Tse Max, c'est quand meme drole que ton suit de cuir a fait Paskapoo et pas toi.
Faut j'prenne ça en riant.. Asti que j'voulais rider c'track là!
maxim
maxim
Gnar Shredder

http://maximgarantrousseau.com

Message  Yann Ven 15 Jan 2010 - 13:01

Ouin, c'est vraiment plate. Bricin a très bien résumé la leçon à en tirer :

the secret is to keep it going and not rely on big sponsors!!! when you try to go big you will GET FUCKED!!! keep it roots and lets keep racing!!!
Yann
Yann
Bouffeur d'uréthane

http://www.Landyachtz.com

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé